Pulled Pork and Peach Salsa Topped Sweet Potato
Wow . . .that's a mouthful! Literally. But what an amazing combination. If you've followed my blog, then by now you know that I'm a HUGE FAN of sweet and savory combinations. This recipe offers both and was a complete result of having too many leftovers. First up, I "baked" a sweet potato in the microwave. Want to know the secret to achieving that long, slow baked texture from the microwave? You're gonna love this . . . olive oil. That's it. Seriously, that simple. I pour a little into my hand and wipe it over the potato. I cook for three minutes, flip and cook two more minutes. Done.
Next up is the star of this combo, the peach salsa. This is a basic, quick mix of peaches, onion, sweet red pepper, parsley and a sauce blend of olive oil, lemon juice and honey.
Now let's layer . . . start by cutting the potato down the center and splitting it open, next pile on some leftover pulled pork doused with your favorite barbecue sauce and finally ladle on the peach salsa. Dig in!
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup pulled pork
- 1 Tbsp barbecue sauce
- 1 peach, diced
- 1/4 cup pepper, diced (any color)
- 1 Tbsp onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp honey
- Rub sweet potato with the teaspoon of olive oil.
- Microwave for three minutes. Flip and microwave for additional two minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine peach, pepper, onion and parsley in a bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice and honey. This will emulsify quickly.
- Pour over peach mixture and stir to blend.
- Split sweet potato and top with pulled pork and barbecue sauce. Add a generous portion of peach salsa to top and enjoy!